iD: Type Figures
Robotype
Going to www.robotype.net, I created this image using only letters. I considered this to be my "sketch" of the image I would do in InDesign.
Type Figure One
Using what I had done in Robotype as a basic idea I fleshed the image out better in InDesign. It took a bit to get the letters to be the thickness I wanted within the fonts I chose. The eyes, nose, and slippers are all in Comic Sans for example.
Type Figure Two
Using the ellipse tool to create a circle for the text to sit on, I wrote the sentence "What goes around comes around." It did take a bit to adjust the font to make the sentence fit all the way around the circle.
Type Figure Three
This one was to create a shape that related to the text, and then wrap the text around the object. I selected the opening for Homestuck and placed it within the SBURB logo. This one got a bit complicated with the shapes, but after simplifying it to its outline the text was willing to fit within the house.
Type Figure Four
This was a sentence that required an emoji, so I chose the shades emoji \></. This one was rather easy once I knew what emoji to use.
Type Figure Four
In this image, the goal was to use a word and demonstrate it using the word involved. I chose the word "Gradient" and using the gradient tool, did a black to white gradient on the letters in Photoshop before placing it in InDesign.
No comments:
Post a Comment