Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Layers and Compositing


Reel in the Sky

The first thing  did was change all the "background" layers into actual usable layers on each image. After that I went through and selected the negative space of all the images using the magic wand tool. With the sheep I used a combination of magic wand and the quick select brush. Once all the negative space had been selected I deleted it.

I created a new document like required and pasted the reel onto the file. I added the light bulb, sheep, and telephone as those were required. I then added the pyramids and arranged the element in a way that I had liked. I then added the fish and the thumb tacks because I wanted them to be fighting. Lastly I added the image of a sun flower behind the film reel to make it look more like a sun. This was for the pun: "the reel in the sky keeps on turnin'"

As each element was added they were placed onto a new layer. I had to figure out what I wanted on top of or below each element. The sunflower was on the bottom-most layer, the reel light bulb, sheep, and pyramids placed on the layers above it. The thumb tacks are on the top most layer, the fish and the phone being placed below it but above the pyramid's layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment